This project is read-only.

Error loading config file

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Hi, I just installed CCStatistics on our build machine. When I run the tool and point to our ccnet.config file, I get the following message in a popup window:

An error occurred loading the configuration file. The error from CruiseControl.NET was: Unable to instantiate CruiseControl projects from configuration document. Configuration document is likely missing Xml nodes required for properly populating CruiseControl configuration. Cannot convert from type System.String to ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Remote.ExternalLink for object with value: ""

Any hints why this is happening? CC.NET itself loads this config file with no difficulty.

- Dave
Oct 17, 2007 at 5:48 PM
OK, after trying a second time (in the same session), CCStatistics was able to load my config file, and I was able to run Recalculate Statistics. So now I want to see the results. I tried several times to use Export, but no file is ever written.

Is there any documentation for this tool?
Oct 19, 2007 at 10:44 PM

The results are viewed inside the CruiseControl dashboard. Select your project, then select 'statistics' on the left set of links (before you get the detailed results).

FYI the 'export' button on the tool is for future use and was accidently left visible.

NOTE: For best results make sure you install the recommended graphing libraries. But first just make sure you are seeing your information.

Thanks,
Damon Carr

DaveSeidel wrote:
OK, after trying a second time (in the same session), CCStatistics was able to load my config file, and I was able to run Recalculate Statistics. So now I want to see the results. I tried several times to use Export, but no file is ever written.

Oct 19, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Documentation (for the developer anyway) is coming in the next release. There is an API that others can leverage.

From the 'build master' perspective, all you need is on the CruiseControl site in their Statistics Publisher section (see the links for this project on the home page).

Damon

DaveSeidel wrote:

Nov 23, 2007 at 3:19 AM
Hi, I have the same question with DaveSeidel.
When I load config file, after trying a second time, it is able to load my config file.
And I shifted to web page, the Status column is always "Unknown", how to fix it?
And how to install graphing libraries, where can I find it?
Thank you so much! :)